1.28.2014

The Grammys, Award Shows and Christians

Katy Perry 2014 Grammy awards
I have hesitated to say anything in light of all of the coverage that the Grammy debacle has received over the last few days but after seeing how 2 Christian "stars" reacted I have to make some comments.

Should Christian "Celebrities" Be at Award Shows?

I guess that is up to their personal discretion.

However at this particular award show they Celebrated Gay Marriage by performing the ceremony of over 30 gay couples flaunting their lifestyle over the airwaves and I as a Christian, do  think that IF I had not been disgusted by the humanistic, symbolic, demonic, Illuminati display by Katy Perry I would have walked out at the sight of this.

It is so evident which way the world is going and why would we support any of this by being in attendance?  I have seen comments by a few Christian artists and I dont want to single any out (I will single one out)

We are not to judge those outside the church (1 Corinthians 5:12) however are we supposed to be supportive of their lifestyle?

I dont think we are. We can support them as people who God loves but to Celebrate their lifestyle with them does not make sense IF it goes against everything we believe in (sanctity of marriage and God's desire for His creation)

All I can think of is what fellowship does light have with darkness. I wish I knew just how narrow the road was. Do we see how close to danger we can get before we get enveloped into it?

I believe that this is a very slippery slope.

I love Christian Music and some of the artists BUT many of the Artists are afraid to speak out. You can tell by their postings on Twitter and Facebook. I can imagine it must be a horrific inner struggle. Speak the truth at the risk of losing popularity or just say the status quo "I dont judge anyone," which is not what my Bible says at all.

Philippians 4:8

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

I have no idea how any Christian while sitting at one of these awards shows could be thinking anything of the sort?

Mandisa stayed home and although she won 2 awards this is her response on her Facebook Page. I admire her for her courage to speak her mind and talk about her own struggles.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/mandisa/i-missed-the-grammy-awardsand-i-won/10151878526211231

With all that is going on in the world is it yet time for Christians to get off the fence and stop accepting all of the filth the world throws at us and make a stand?

0 comments:

Post a Comment