1.16.2014

His Will Be Done - Is That What You Really Want?

Doing God's Will
My wife and I had a very interesting conversation this morning after her devotion.

She said to me "Have you ever noticed how when we pray it is always about the things we want to happen or things we want?" (paraphrase - come on it was 6:30 and my eyes weren't open yet)

I replied something like "I have been thinking the same thing lately when we should be praying for God's will to be done in every situation as sometimes the trials we go through are for our testing."

I know we can come up with Scripture to support praying for our wants BUT ......

WHAT IF.......we prayed:

"God I really want help in this situation and this is how I see things but in all things God I want your will to be done and show me what I need to learn and do to be in accordance to your will."

WHAT IF - we truly wanted in our hearts for God's will to be done in every situation and not our will to be done?

We may truly NOT like what His will is because it wouldn't line up with OUR will? What would we do then?

We would moan and cry "God didn't answer my prayer!" Yes He did! He just didn't answer it the way YOU thought He should.

Jesus while praying in Gethsemane said in Matthew 26: 39

"He went a little farther and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, “O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will.”

He was ALL about doing the will of the Father. Shouldn't we be willing to have His will above ours no matter the consequence?

Food for thought!

Check OUT this link for an awesome book on Knowing God's Will!

0 comments:

Post a Comment