12.16.2013

Be Like Jesus - Really

Truth's In The Word - Beattitudes
As I read the red letters in my Bible (OK mine doesn't have red lettering but the Words of Jesus none the less) I started thinking how we SAY we want to be Christ Like and live like Yeshua (Jesus) yet in private, away from our friends at church, away from the spotlight are anything but a life that he describes it should be if we are a new person in Him.

For a Royal Priesthood many of us suck at it!


I was reading through the Be- Attitudes again this morning trying to see how I measure up.

  • Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
  • Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted.
  • Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the land.
  • Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be satisfied.
  • Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
  • Blessed are the clean of heart, for they will see God.
  • Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
  • Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
I started thinking. Am I a peacemaker or do I strive on conflict? Do I show mercy when I feel wronged or do I go for self justice just to make me feel better? Is my heart clean (are my motives pure) in all things? Do I seek righteousness or just my own way?

Is it possible to take these foundational truths and incorporate them into our lives in a real, living and functional way? I believe it is!

It is time to lay our selfishness aside and see the pain our actions may cause other people. It is time to think outside ourselves and put other people first. Let us go outside of our comfort zone not to always have to feel right but to be righteous in our thoughts and actions.

This faith is a journey. Paul does tell us their is a time to lay aside childish things and move on to the meat. 1 (Corinthians 13:11) Let all of OUR actions be done in love.

Let's strive this week to be more Christ like in everything we do and say.

0 comments:

Post a Comment