10.01.2013

Study To Show YOURSELF Approved!!

Read The Bible
I am on a Spiritual journey which started very young in life.

I grew up in the Church and as many do walked away in my teens. I had somewhat of a Spiritual Awakening in my 20's but was pulled back into what I call my wilderness years until my 40's.

Now in my 50's I am still working on what I actually believe. After I stripped away all of the man made dogma which is not talked about in the Bible what am I left with. Primarily that my Christian Leaders as I grew up either:

a) were also following what they had been taught for years by their forefathers without actually doing the Bible Study for themselves

b) they had many lies they shared

I tend to go with option "A"


It is so easy to get caught up in what our Pastors, Teachers etc. teach us but without going home and studying or asking questions we become nothing but sheep who are easily led astray. We need to be doing our own study and research! WHY?

2 Timothy 2:14-16

14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit but to the subverting of the hearers.

15 Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman who needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

16 But shun profane and vain babblings, for they will increase unto more ungodliness,

I added a few extra verses to show context.

Arguing, fighting etc over Scripture whether online or off is of no consequence. Live your life and become light in the world.

By all means do the studying necessary but live your faith. Be prepared to answer questions about your faith when they come up but people will notice. I see Christians all of the time trying to argue over Scripture whether on Facebook or in Forums and the result is always the same - hurt feelings, people noticing the arguments and dropping out or worse yet non-Believers seeing the nonsense and saying I want no part in that Christian thing.

We need to stop it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment